Accessibility Policies and Plan
Statement of Commitment: Digital Attractions is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Digital Attractions strives at all times to undertake reasonable efforts to provide goods and services in a way that respects the independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity as set out in the regulations of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Introduction: Digital Attractions is Canada’s leading Photo & Digital Capture Solutions company, established in 2003. We design, build, and operate entertaining and visually appealing Photo & Digital Capture Solutions for tourist attractions. Digital Attractions strives to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and is working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility.
Our organization is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. This accessibility plan outlines the steps Digital Attractions is taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. Our plan shows how Digital Attractions will play its role in making Ontario an accessible province for all Ontarians.
Customer Service Procedure: Digital Attractions will demonstrate our commitment to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities through the following ways:
- Communication: We will communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with how to interact with customers who have disabilities.
- Use of Assistive Devices: Persons with disabilities are permitted and encouraged to use their own personal assistive devices to access our facilities and goods and services (such as wheelchairs and walkers). We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with how to interact with customers who use various assistive devices while accessing our goods and services.
- Use of Service Animals: We are committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a guide dog or other service animals. Persons using guide dogs or other service animals are welcomed in all areas that are open to the public. We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with how to interact with customers who use a service animal.
- Use of Support Persons: Persons with disabilities accompanied by a support person may access premises that are open to the public. Where the assistance of a support person is required by a person with a disability they will not be prevented from having access to the support person. We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with how to interact with customers who are accompanied by a support person.
- Notice of Temporary Disruptions: Notice of temporary disruptions of Digital Attractions services usually used by persons with disabilities will be provided as far in advance, or as soon as possible, as is reasonable in the circumstances, and will include: the reason for the disruption, the anticipated duration of the disruption and information identifying alternative facilities or services, if any that may be available.
Feedback Process: Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Digital Attractions provides goods and services to people with disabilities can send an e-mail to [email protected] or call us at (905) 371-2003. We will provide alternative feedback options to people with disabilities upon request as well.
Information and communications: We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. When asked, we will provide information about our organization and its services, including public safety information, in accessible formats or with communication supports.
Accessible Emergency Information: Employees with disabilities will be provided with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Training: Digital Attractions will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Digital Attractions accessible customer service plan
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to uses equipment or devices available on the premises
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Digital Attractions goods and services
- Please refer to Digital Attractions ‘AODA Customer Service Training’
Employment: We will take steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will also take steps for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
Section One: Past Achievements to Remove and Prevent Barriers
- Digital Attractions has remained in compliance with the Customer Service Standard
- Customer feedback has been encouraged verbally, in writing, over the phone, and via email.
Information and Communications
- All staff receive a yearly training refresher on appropriate methods of communication with people with disabilities
- Potential candidates are notified that accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment process
- Newly designed counters and other workspaces over the past few years have been constructed per the Design of Public Spaces Standards
Section Two: Strategies and Actions
Digital Attractions is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. This means that we will provide goods and services to people with disabilities with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
Information and Communications
Digital Attractions is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
- With the new challenges and barriers presented by COVID-19, Digital Attractions will remain vigilant in 2021 to ensure our information and communications remain accessible.
Digital Attractions is committed to providing training in the requirements of Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it applies to people with disabilities.
- Digital Attractions will transition from solely using in-house AODA training to using a modified, hybrid training model with AccessForward’s training program for new and returning staff in 2021.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan, or for standard and accessible formats of this information (which are free on request), please contact [email protected] or call us at (905) 371-2003.