Do you enjoy photography, sales, and interacting with people from all over the world? Join the Digital Attractions team today! Digital Attractions is a photo concession company that captures and sells photographs to guests at tourist attractions, and our CN Tower location is looking to expand our team.
Reporting to the Location Manager, the Assistant Manager is a "hands-on" middle management position. Overall, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading and improving the day-to-day operations and team performance and creating an environment focused on guest satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability in all areas of the business including photo capture, image editing, printing, sales, and customer service.
Please note that on-the-job training is provided for all staff on the use of our camera equipment, photo editing software, and printers, which are designed to be user-friendly.
Digital Attractions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Lead and control in specified areas of the business, which will be directed by Location Management
- Assume shared responsibility with Location Management for location results; labour costs, capture rates, sell rates, per guest sales rate as set annually by corporate management
- Carry out regular operational duties when stationed in a department while supervising staff (photo capture, image editing, printing, sales, customer service)
- Complete daily operations reports for corporate management
- Diagnose and solve area problems in relation to equipment, staffing and guest satisfaction (e.g. handle and resolve escalated customer complaints and issues)
- Ensure proper area inventories are maintained by supervisors
- Assist Management in ensuring that all employee paperwork and documentation is completed (including but not limited to new hire paperwork, reviews, promotions, pay raises, etc.)
- Assistant Management in scheduling as necessary
- Ensure that Supervisors and all staff are trained in all areas of their job responsibilities
- Build effective relationships with peers, managers, and corporate management and motivate the team to encourage performance and results
- Assess and provide ongoing performance feedback to include in performance reviews with staff and supervisors
- Advise employees on policies and procedures and ensure the team works in compliance with the company’s health & safety policy, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, the Employment Standards Act, and all other applicable legislation
- Cooperate in reporting incidents including; workplace violence and harassment, accidents, injuries, complaints, misconduct and other violations of company policies and procedures. Recommend appropriate actions to the Location Manager to be taken in order to correct the situation
- Perform additional duties as directed by Location Manager and/or Operations Manager
- Shift work requiring a flexible schedule
- Repetitive environment while standing for long periods of time
- Busy environment
- Positive attitude
- Can work as a member of a team
- Can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of second language is an asset
- Staff have opportunities to obtain complimentary CN Tower tickets for personal use
- Staff have access to a reciprocal program that grants access to some of the best attractions across Ontario at discounted rates